Terms and Conditions
- Quotations: Prices obtained from LOG-ON are subject to change upon inspection of all materials without notice. Written price quotes will be honored for 30 days after the date of the quotation. LOG-ON reserves the right to end any special offers, incentives, or pricing at any time.
Note: There is a $250 minimum charge per digital jobs and a $350 minimum charge for all other jobs (postage not included).
- Payment Terms: LOG-ON requires payment in full for postage in advance of the project mail date. First time clients must also submit payment for 50% of production costs in advance of project mail date. Payment of final invoice is due in full upon receipt.
A $50.00 fee will be charged on all returned checks in addition to the original amount due. There is a 5% processing fee applied to all postage payments by credit cards
Late payments are subject to a 2% monthly late fee charge.
In the event the account is placed with a third party, collection agency or attorney for collection, the customer agrees to pay all cost of collection and reasonable attorney fees.
- Pricing Errors: In the event a service or postage is listed or quoted at an incorrect price for any reason, including typographical error, LOG-ON shall have the right to refuse or cancel the order.
- Refunds: LOG-ON does not offer refunds -- only credit towards future services. Refer to the Cancellation, Returns, Warranty, and Mailing Lists sections of this document for details regarding circumstances in which credit would be issued. Credits may not be used for payment of postage.
- Order Cancellation: Orders may be canceled by the client at any time by notice in writing or via e-mail. It is the client’s responsibility to confirm that LOG-ON has received the project cancellation notification.
For orders cancelled prior to approving the proof, the client will receive company credit for use on a future project. The credit amount will be based on the project amount minus any postage / service already delivered and at LOG-ON’s sole discretion may include a $150 order cancellation fee.
No refunds or company credits will be issued for projects that are cancelled after the proof has been approved and thereby giving authorization to proceed with printing. For expedited projects (projects that contain expedite fees or services)- no refunds or credits will be given if the project is cancelled by the client.
- Warranty: LOG-ON, at its sole option, will repair or reprint any order that contains abnormal imperfections, or where we have failed in your written instructions. LOG-ON, at its sole option, may elect to provide a prorated credit in lieu of a reprint if the shortage, defective or damaged portion of an order does not exceed 20% of the ordered amount. Claims for defects, damage or shortages must be made in writing and must be received by LOG-ON within 5 days of receipt or within 14 days of the mail date, whichever is sooner.
- Customer Changes: Customer changes represent additional work to be performed and will be billed current rates. Customer changes will delay the completion of the order.
- Proofs: The client is 100% responsible for proofreading the design prior to approving the proof and thereby giving authorization to proceed with printing. This includes designs and/or artwork submitted by the client and designs and/or artwork created or modified by LOG-ON and presented to the client for review and approval. The client is also 100% responsible for ensuring the design meets postal regulations and any additional postage required as a result of the mail piece design.
- Production Schedule and Turnaround Time: Delivery schedules, turnaround times and other similar terms used by LOG-ON merely reflect the average completion time of similar orders. Actual delivery times will be affected by run lengths, special customer requirements, workloads, holidays, or equipment breakdowns and is not contractual. It is the client’s responsibility to plan time sensitive mailings far enough in advance to accommodate any delays that may occur. LOG-ON will not give refunds and/or credit as a result of unforeseen delays that affect the project schedule.
- Postage: Quotations do not include exact postage fees. They do however include a postage estimate to be used for budgetary purposes. When requested, LOG-ON will notify the customer in writing or by e-mail of the required postage as soon as this amount is known and will notify the customer of the date when the postage is needed in order to complete the mailing prior to the agreed upon mailing date.
Payment of postage is required 3 business days in advance on all orders and is the responsibility of the customer to remit payment on time and confirm that LOG-ON has received it. LOG-ON at its sole discretion reserves the right to hold mailings for which sufficient postage has not been paid or until by LOG-ON’s sole determination postage payment has cleared.
- Acceptance of Order: LOG-ON may refuse at any time to mail any copy, photographs or illustrations of any kind that in LOG-ON’s sole judgment is an invasion of privacy, is degrading, libelous, unlawful, profane, obscene, pornographic, tends to ridicule or embarrass, or is in bad taste, or which in LOG-ON’s sole judgment is an infringement on a trademark, or trade name, or service mark, or copyright belonging to others.
The customer will defend and hold LOG-ON harmless in any suit or court action brought against the mailer by others for alleged damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), liabilities or losses resulting from circumstances where LOG-ON, acting as the customer’s agent, uses copy, photographs, or illustrations that are believed by others to be degrading, libelous or harmful to their reputations, images, or standing in the community or which in LOG-ON’s sole judgment is an infringement on a trademark, or trade name, or service mark, or copyright belonging to others, or in a suit or court action brought against LOG-ON for actions of the customer’s employees which may occur as a result of any mailing.
- Mailing Lists: The industry average for returns on non- deliverable mail (even after list processing (CASS, PAVE, & NCOA) is between 10% and 15%. If the list you use for your mailing was purchased/rented through LOG-ON, we will assume responsibility only for amounts above 10% on consumer lists and 15% on business lists and only if the list has been used within 60 days of purchase / rental.
LOG-ON will give a credit of $.40 towards future services for any amount returned over 10% on consumer lists and over 15% on business lists. To obtain such credit, the client must return all of the returned mail pieces to LOG-ON prior to the issuance of any credit. Unless otherwise specified in writing in advance, all rented mailing lists are provided on a one-time use basis.
- Color Matching: Because of the differences in equipment, paper, inks, toner, and other conditions between color proofing and pressroom operations, a reasonable variance between color proofs and the completed job is expected, unavoidable, and shall constitute acceptable delivery. Postcards and similar products produced on digital printing presses may result in larger proof to piece and piece to piece variations than normal.
LOG-ON will make every effort to produce a reasonable representation based on materials supplied by the client and the proof produced by LOG-ON, however, LOG-ON does not guarantee color matching.
- Postal Delivery and Handling: LOG-ON has no control over the U.S. Postal Service. When we deliver client’s pre-sorted mailing to the post office, it is inspected for proper preparation and if approved accepted into the mail stream. The Post Office then provides a 3602 form as a receipt that they have inspected and accepted the mailing.
This receipt shall constitute proof that LOG-ON completed its obligation and that LOG-ON has no further obligation or liability for the mailing. Client understands that there is always a possibility that the U.S. Postal Service will delay, damage, or lose mail. Under no circumstance will LOG-ON be held responsible for delays in delivery, damage to the mail pieces, or loss of mail after it has been accepted by the Post Office.
For non-sorted first class mailings, LOG-ON will require a written request from the client to receive a PS #3602 form from the Post Office confirming that they have inspected and accepted the mailing. There is an additional fee of $25 for the first 5,000 records and $5 per thousand additional records for this service.
- Shipping: LOG-ON has no control over the U.S. Postal Service, FEDEX or any other common carrier’s delivery schedule and cannot guarantee when mail or shipments deposited with or released to these carriers will be delivered.
- Ownership of Materials / Designs: All materials and electronic files that LOG-ON creates in producing the client’s mail piece are the property of LOG-ON. As LOG-ON provides design services at substantially below market rates when ordered with printing and/or mailing services, LOG-ON at its sole option may elect to sell the design files at a rate of up to three times the original design fees. Due to our licensing agreement with our image supplier we may not transmit editable or high-resolution design files that contain images provided from them under any condition. Unless prior agreement in writing, LOG-ON reserves the right to distribute samples of the client’s mail piece and include the client’s mail piece and or images of the mail piece in portion or its entirety in LOG-ON’s marketing efforts.
- Client Provided Materials: LOG-ON assumes in all quotations that all material provided by the client will permit efficient handling on automated equipment and meets equipment manufacturer’s published specifications. Materials furnished that are within manufacturer’s specifications, but which are not up to acceptable operational standards due to poor folding, facing, trimming, packing, sticking together of material, insufficient leeway between enclosures and envelopes, square envelope flaps or other causes, will be subject to pricing at special rates. Customer will be notified when a deficiency is discovered and approval will be obtained for handling at special rates before proceeding with work. A new delivery schedule may result when deficient materials are used.
LOG-ON is not responsible for identifying errors in preprinted copy on customer-furnished materials and assumes no liability for damages resulting from the mailing of materials, which contain erroneous information. When performing mailings for not-for-profit customers, LOG-ON is not responsible for content in mailed materials, which causes a customer to lose their Nonprofit Status.
All direct mail handling and processing involves spoilage. Spoilage of up to five (5) percent of customer’s material is typical. On smaller jobs, less than 1,000 pieces, up to 10% spoilage is typical. Allowances for spoilage should be taken into consideration in ordering material. Every effort will be made to handle customer’s material with care to prevent undue spoilage. Nevertheless, LOG-ON cannot accept responsibility for shortages of material as a result of normal spoilage in processing.
If a shortage of material occurs, LOG-ON will contact the client and the client may opt to mail the reduced quantity or provide additional materials. Either option may result in additional charges and delays to the scheduled mail date. If the shortage of material represents 10% or less of the mailing quantity, LOG-ON at its sole discretion may elect to mail the job short. In such a case, LOG-ON will refund any excess postage minus additional costs incurred to prepare the reduced quantity mailing.
The customer must advise LOG-ON in writing of the disposition of overages (extra material). Overages may be returned to the customer, stored or destroyed. If items are stored or returned, applicable storage and delivery charges will be added. Additionally, at LOG-ON’s option and without liability to LOG-ON, material may be automatically destroyed after 30 days if customer has failed to respond to a disposition request or failed to pay for storage within 30 days of receipt of invoice for storage fees. Premium storage rates may be applied to old materials or materials for which disposition has not been designated. Customer retains title to and the insurable interest in its materials. Because of this, LOG-ON is held harmless for acts not of its own doing that create losses.
- Inserting Sequence: Effort will be made to insert material in the sequence and facing the direction the customer requests, but quoted prices assume the most advantageous production speeds. Specified sequence or facing may result in additional charges being billed.
- Errors in Mailing Due To and Acknowledged by LOG-ON in Writing: LOG-ON shall be liable only to the extent of re-mailing a correction or corrected job as soon as possible, as originally specified in the order, to rectify the mistake. Damages shall be limited to the value of the work performed excluding the cost of postage. In no case is LOG-ON liable for loss of business; incidental or consequential damages; or costs in excess of billing for services related to the specific job.
- Storage of Materials: LOG-ON will store materials that we print at no charge as long as the client sends out a mailing at least every 90 days. If 90 days pass and the client has not sent out a mailing, picked-up the material, paid to have the material shipped to them, or authorized LOG-ON to dispose of the material- the client will be sent a monthly storage invoice based on the volume of materials stored at LOG-ON.
If the client does not pay the storage invoice within 15 days of receipt, LOG-ON will send the client written notification that their materials will be disposed of and client will be charged applicable disposal fee. If relevant, disposal fee will be deducted from client’s open credit account at LOG-ON.
If the client does pick-up the material, pay to have the material shipped to them, or authorize LOG-0N to dispose of the material, client must pay for all associated fees related to shipment or disposal.
- Printing and Mailing Quantities: Printing and mailing services are provided using high-speed automated production equipment. As typical with most production processes – some scrap is normal and expected. Because of this, +/- 5% of ordered quantity shall constitute satisfactory completion of the order. If the client ordered exactly the amount needed for their mailing and the print quantity is short, the mailing will be reduced to equal the amount of materials printed.
- Severability of Provisions: In a court of law, if any of the provisions of this document are found unenforceable the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect
- Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement (other than claims that client may have against third party suppliers or vendors for products and services) will be resolved by binding arbitration commenced within one year from the date the job was approved by the client under the then current commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding. The arbitrator may not award damages in excess of the production costs for the job in question. Each party will each be responsible for their costs and expenses in the arbitration and the costs of the arbitrator will be shared equally by the parties to the arbitration. Both parties agree that the arbitrator will not be entitled to award attorneys' fees or punitive damages.
LOG-ON will use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. You can register on LOG-ON’s website if you would like to receive updates on LOG-ON’s new services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
- Contact Us: LOG-ON uses email links located on our Website to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We read every message sent in and will try to reply promptly if you request information or otherwise require a response. We may file your comments to improve our Website or our services, or we may review and discard the information.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement as well as the terms and conditions specified by third party providers of products or services used to complete your job constitute the entire agreement between LOG-ON and our clients with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written agreements between us with respect to this subject matter.
- Governing Law: This Agreement and the Notices will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York.